Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Om Mani Padme Hum - Tibetan Buddhist Chanting



Sanskrit: "Om Mani Padma Hum" (mantra of Avalokiteshvara)

Tibetan: "Om Mani Peme Hung" (mantra of Chenrezig)


Some you tube comments

*
I have met this extraordinary Tibetan Lama. He is an amazing teacher, full of compassion and wisdom.

* Thank you for sharing this.

* I love to play this every time I want to be inspire.
You can sense this man compassion and kindness.
Om mani padme hum

* what smile
totally at peace with the world
i want to be as peacefull as this too

* I saw this monk in St. Petersburg, Florida when me and a friend were visiting a museum. He was in charge of a Sand Mandala there. Really cool that I saw him on here!!

* The "ung" sound in most Asian languages is said with the mouth closed. So, "hung" sounds to many people like "hum."

* It means, literally, "God is the jewel at the center of the lotus".

thank you for that video and for everyone who explained the meaning of that mantra. I brought only one cd with that mantra from India and always then I am drawing mandala's I listen that mantra... I felt just only by intuition that words touch me deeply. very deep meaning and true, that Everything we need is already in us :)

* It makes me feel emotional

* His smile at the end was awesome! He is so great.

* Yeah really cute xD

* The monk's smile at the end is great ^_^

* Compassion

* Fabulous kindness and love.
Love
Love
Light

* That's great! It's a great song. I actually have it playing all day in my classroom, almost inaudible, the whole day. My kids love it! I teach in Taiwan. It's always a great reminder to me of how to live life:)

* since the chant removes all negativity

* You mean if I sense some evil spirits near me. I can chant Om Mani Padme Hum repeatedly and to protect me from them?

* The sacred chant itself not just protecting you alone, it will creats great merits to yourself and others, include the evil spirits near you. The word 'OM' itself is so powerful, in which some Buddhists text noted that ghosts & spirits must put their hands together(like the way when we pray) when they hear it. The sacred chant generates more benefits if you chant with your compassion and repentence.

* I can't get enough of this guys smile!!!!!

* "Om Mani Padme Hum" is the sansrkit, the closest to the original Indian chant. "Om Mani Peme Hung" is the nearest Tibetan phonetic translation; the Tibetans can't pronounce the original well in their dialect. Both are cool! Chant it from your heart, that's all that's needed! You ARE the Buddha nature!

* thank you very mutch ^^, i like to sing it while i'm cooking or doing housework, but chanting seems easier while meditating ^^.

* i've git a question, maybe someone can help me. is it important to say om mani padme hum in a peculiar way? i mean, this monk is singing it more than chanting, with a melody i found in other videos too. does the effect of the mantra change by singing or chanting it?? thank you for your help

* He looked at the Buddhist in amazement and said, "You've obviously got it right the way you're saying it!" But the hermit asked him again how to say it perfectly right so he could get started on the "right" way to repeat it!

* Wow! He looks so at peace. What a wonderful post. I want this to be my ringtone! -Kirk

* What can Om Mani Padme Hum do? Can it used to protect you from evil spirits?

* Om mani padme hum means the jewel in the lotus.

* OM MANI PEME HUNG is the Tibetian pronounce.

* actually, representations of deities in sexual union are not really explained like some concept of yin and yang.. its is what they call the union of wisdom and compassion. Together they become the middle way, not living in Nirvana (wisdom takes you there) or Samsara. But hey, you could be right, I'm no scholar :D

* How fortunate are we to have this available to us in our homes. Thank you for this video. May we all be at peace.

* Magnifico grande filingue adorei :)
Namaste

* His smile is infectious!! Thanks.

* More teachings and chants...PLEASE
D friend T

* tibetan name is "mani korlo"

* In some Tantric lineages, it can be thought of as referring to sex, actually. This is not the general belief, however. But it is an authentic Buddhist interpretation.

* INCREDIBLE - Thanks for sharing ! FREE TIBET !!!!

* I really like Buddhism.. You can see in his eyes peace!

* Om Mani Padme Hum does NOT refer to sexual intercouse. Loosely translated it means-THE JEWEL IS IN THE LOTUS. A gentle reminder that we do not need to search outside for anything. all that we need is inside of us. the jewel is in the lotus!

* Thank you. I cherish my faith. I'm always looking at new ways to be more mindful in my every day life and You tube has many beautiful Tibetan videos.

* The Jewel in the Lotus.

Basicly it's the whole of Buddhism compressed into one Mantra.

* I like his smile at the ending..
Beautiful..Tks. for sharing;-)))

* I am very fortunate to have Drupon-la as one of my Lamas. He is also my Refuge preceptor.
Thank you very much for this.

* om mani padme hum ,om mani padme hum
om mani padme hum ,om mani padme hum
om mani padme hum ,om mani padme hum
om mani padme hum ,om mani padme hum

* Wow! How wonderful that Drupon Thinley Ningpo Rinpoche is on YouTube!!! Drupon-la works tirelessly for the benefit of sentient beings and acts as the resident Lama for the Tibetan Meditation Center in Frederick, MD as well as Spiritual Advisor to Ratnashri Sangha of Tampa Bay and Drikung Teksum Choling in Orlando.

OM MANI PEME HUNG

* I find that if I watch this it cheers me up and brings a smile to my face. It helps me to switch gears. So I watch it repeatedly. Thanks again!

* OM MANI PADME HUM...
I learned this chant because i don't have any money for anxiety pills. We can learn a lot from these monks.
Dankon.!

* He seems to have that Buddhists glow. I love a happy face too. Thank you for sharing this. It is short, but sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

Post a Comment